theScore Bet – Ontario Specific Terms
Posted: April 4, 2022
Ontario Specific Terms
1. Purpose and Scope
2. Excluded Persons
- Individuals under 19 years of age;
- Every individual who advises theScore Bet that the individual is participating in a self-exclusion process that applies to the Services;
- An individual who is known by theScore Bet to have been restricted from accessing the Services or is otherwise restricted from playing a lottery scheme as a condition of a court order;
- Individuals who theScore Bet has reason to believe have been excluded from the Services under subsection 3.6(1) of the Gaming Control Act, 1992 (Ontario) (“GCA”);
- Officers, members of the board of directors, or partners of theScore Bet;
- Executives or staff of a trade union who represent or negotiate on behalf of employees employed by theScore Bet, if applicable;
- Employees of registered suppliers to theScore Bet who maintain or repair gaming equipment for theScore Bet;
- Members or employees of the AGCO; and
- Officers, members of the board of directors, or employees of the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (“OLG”) or iGO, unless they are within the description set out in subsection 22(6) of Ontario Regulation 78/12.
3. Underage Gambling
In Ontario, a person who is under nineteen (19) years of age is not eligible to participate in Internet or mobile gambling. theScore Bet takes age-verification very seriously. theScore Bet carries out age-verification checks on all individuals during the Account creation process. theScore Bet will ask for information to verify your age and identity (including requesting a copy of a government issued identification) and can restrict or suspend your Account until your age and identity are confirmed. By signing up for an Account, you consent to theScore Bet’s confirmation of your age and identity, directly and through the use of third party identity and identification verification service providers. Please note that anyone under 19 years of age who is found to be using the Services may be reported to law enforcement and be subject to other legal penalties.
4. Prohibited Participants
- An individual with access to non-public information related to an event or an individual who may impact the outcome of an event or bet type is prohibited from betting on any event overseen by the relevant sport or event governing body;
- Athletes, coaches, managers, owners, referees, and anyone with sufficient authority to influence the outcome of an event are prohibited from betting on events overseen by the relevant sport or event governing body;
- Owners (any person who is a direct or indirect legal or beneficial owner of 10% or greater) of a sport governing body or member team are prohibited from betting on any event overseen by the sport governing body or any event in which a member team of that sport or event governing body participates; and
- Individuals involved in compiling betting odds for the competition in which they are involved.
5. No Wagering Outside of Ontario
You must be physically located inside the Province of Ontario to wager with theScore Bet.
Player’s may initiate complaints through any of the following communication channels: live chat in theScore Bet app, telephone at 1-855-550-1238 or by emailing email@example.com. theScore Bet endeavours to respond to player complaints and disputes in a timely manner, and in any event within five (5) business days from the date the player formally raises a complaint. theScore Bet also endeavours to resolve all player complaints within ninety (90) days from the date of the complaint. If you feel you have exhausted all reasonable means of resolving your complaint directly with theScore Bet, you may contact iGO’s Customer Care and Dispute Resolution department by visiting https://igamingontario.ca/en/player/player-support. For more details regarding our CCDR program, please visit https://thescore.bet/help/ca-on-ccdr.
theScore Bet’s CCDR program will be made available to players free of charge, and will not apply to complaints that relate to the interpretation or application of applicable law or the actions or inactions of any governmental authority.
7. Placing Wagers
By offering to place a wager with theScore Bet, and as a condition of theScore Bet accepting your wager, you represent and warrant, that you are not prohibited from placing said wager and that you will only attempt to place wagers within the geographic boundaries of the province of Ontario.
8. Dormant Accounts
In Ontario, Accounts are deemed “dormant” if the user has not logged in to the System for twelve (12) months. Dormant Accounts will be opted out of all bonuses in accordance with the Special Rules. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, unclaimed balances in dormant Accounts may be forfeited.
9. Responsible Gaming
theScore Bet wants you to use the Services in a safe and responsible manner. We offer a range of options that can be used to manage your gaming activity at any time, including self-exclusion, cool-off periods and limits. Please visit the Patron Protection and Responsible Gaming page (https://thescore.bet/rg) for more details on these tools.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, please call ConnexOntario at 1-866-531-2600
10. Ontario Prohibited Wagers
theScore Bet prohibits wagering on the following events in Ontario (each an “ON Prohibited Event”):
- Any horse race held within Canada or internationally;
- International and inter-provincial liquidity pools;
- Minor league sports in Ontario, including the Canadian Hockey League;
- Events or leagues where the majority of participants are under 18 years of age, where the event or league is broadly defined as assessing total participants in the event/league, rather than in a particular heat, game, match or final contest in the overall event/league;
- Events not effectively supervised by a sport governing body that, at a minimum, prescribe final rules and enforce codes of conduct;
- Events involving animal fighting or cruelty; and
- Events for which there are not integrity safeguards in place which are sufficient to mitigate the risk of match-fixing, cheat-at-play, and other illicit activity that might influence the outcome of bet upon events.