theScore Bet – Iowa Specific Terms
Updated: February 11, 2021
Iowa Specific Terms
- Purpose and Scope
- Excluded and Prohibited Persons
- Underage Gambling
In Iowa, a person who is under twenty-one (21) years of age is prohibited from participating in Internet or mobile gambling. SDSVI takes its age-verification responsibility very seriously. SDSVI carries out age-verification checks on all customers at the time of Account creation. SDSVI will ask for information to verify your age and identity (including requesting a copy of a government issued identification) and can restrict or suspend your Account until your age and identity are confirmed. By signing up for an Account, you consent to SDSVI’s confirmation of your age and identity. Please note that anyone under the permitted age for participating in Internet or mobile gambling found to be using the Services may be reported to law enforcement and be subject to other legal penalties.
- Prohibited Participants
- Eligible Balance
- No Use Outside of Iowa
In Iowa, it is a federal offence for persons physically located outside the State of Iowa to engage in Internet wagering through an Iowa casino, except as explicitly authorized by the IRGC.
In the event of there being a dispute over the time at which a wager was placed or whether a wager has been placed, then the time at which it was recorded (if recorded) on the transactional log will govern settlement. If an attempted wager was not recorded on the transactional log, no wager shall be deemed to have been placed. You should check your Account balance each time you visit the Services. If you have any concerns or complaints, please contact email@example.com. Your concerns and/or complaint will be reviewed by SDSVI and SDSVI will respond to you within ten (10) days after receipt.
If you feel you have exhausted all reasonable means to resolve your complaint, you may contact the IRGC via this link: https://irgc.iowa.gov/contact-form. The IRGC may also be contacted directly at:
Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission
DMACC Capital Center
1300 Des Moines, IA, 50309
- Placing Wagers
By offering to place a wager with SDSVI, and as a condition of SDSVI accepting your wager, you represent and warrant, that you are not a Prohibited Participant.
- Abandoned Accounts
In Iowa, Accounts are deemed “dormant” or “abandoned” if the user has not logged in to the System and performed any account activity during a three (3) year period. “Account activity” includes making a wager, making an account deposit, or withdrawing funds. Dormant Accounts will be opted out of all bonuses in accordance with the Special Rules. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations (including Iowa Code chapter 556), unclaimed balances in abandoned Accounts may be forfeited.
- Responsible Gaming
Enjoy legal online gaming and sports betting responsibly and sensibly. SDSVI offers a range of options that can be used to manage your gaming activity at any time. Please visit the Patron Protection and Responsible Gaming page (https://thescore.bet/rg) for more details. Please visit https://irgc.iowa.gov/self-exclusion-program for more information on the internet self restriction program which enables individuals to request to be barred from participating in licensed mobile sports wagering in Iowa.
In Iowa, if you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, the following confidential resources are available 24/7:
- Iowa Department of Public Health’s Iowa Gambling Treatment Program: https://yourlifeiowa.org/gambling, 1-800-BETSOFF
- National Council on Problem Gambling: https://www.ncpgambling.org/, 1-800-522-4700
- Iowa Prohibited Wagers
Wagers on the following events are prohibited in Iowa (each an “Iowa Prohibited Event”):
- Individual athlete and/or proposition wagers and bets not approved pursuant to IAC 491.13.3.
- Player proposition wagers on any individual athlete participating in a single game or match of a collegiate sporting event in which a collegiate team from Iowa is a participant.
- Performance of athletes in an individual international sporting event governed by the international Olympic committee in which any participant in the international sporting event is under eighteen years of age.
- Negative outcome propositions, NFL player draft proposition wagers
- Trophy award outcome wagers
- Wagers on subordinate developmental leagues
- Collegiate events that are not NCAA Division I (FBS and FCS) or Division II.
Iowa Prohibited Events will not include events that are otherwise approved by the IRGC.